What makes Fujitsu unique? The answer is simple: our people. We owe our market and technology leadership to the employees who choose to work for us. Continually infusing our workforce with fresh new talent is a vital part of maintaining the top-caliber employee base that makes Fujitsu a great place to work. Our brand promise to our customers is “shaping tomorrow with you.” Every one of our employees shares in achieving that promise.
Take a few moments to review the information on this page about the types of employment opportunities we offer candidates at all stages of their careers. Whichever path you take, you will receive the tools, resources, and support you need to grow, thrive, and build a long-term career.
Job Title: Systems Engineer – Identity Products
Department: Identity Products Solutions
SUMMARY Provide technical support of products and component sales to our partners, resellers, solution providers and ‘end user’ customers in their efforts to successfully integrate Fujitsu’s Palm Vein solutions device into the products, applications and solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Functions of the position include, but are not limited to;
- Technical support to Fujitsu’s sales team throughout North and Central America. Support major sales initiatives by attending Fujitsu/client meetings and monitor client project status
- Technical support of Fujitsu’s tradeshow events to include equipment setup and teardown, and presentation/discussion with prospective customers
- Support customer technical Q&A and issues via phone, email, on-site
- Troubleshoot and replicate problems reported on device hardware and or software platforms (including 3rd party software installations and network/server connect infrastructure)
- Open, track and close support cases in Salesforce.com (our CRM tool) to insure complete resolution and customer satisfaction and communicate the status of support cases to both partners, sales managers and FFNA management
- Serve as the technical interface liaison to Fujitsu Frontech Japan for detailed description of technical issues to ensure proper understanding by the product owner/engineering design team in Japan
- Develop, enhance, and maintain technical training documents. Conduct technical training for customers and partners to include device theory of operations, software interface, troubleshooting, high level repair, preventative maintenance and general care of product
- Travel to support sales/customers 30% of the time
- Customarily and regularly exercises independent discretion and judgment
- Regular work site attendance
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use of Fujitsu Frontech support website for downloading software and exchanging technical documentation / information
- Work with Product Management and Solution teams in the life cycle management of our hardware, software and solutions
- Adhere to company policies, ISO requirements, safety, and quality
- Support continual improvement efforts of development staff
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work well with others in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to pick up and learn new technology
- Ability to conduct user training on various IT topics
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze detail and perform structured decision-making daily
- High degree of initiative and ownership, attention to detail, and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to large scope and complexity using company or departmental policies as guidelines
- Must be capable of managing multiple priorities effectively and be able to identify and recommend best course of action from several alternatives
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science from a four-year college or university; or 5 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Demonstrate ability to effectively use computer and applicable computer software. Knowledge of MS Office. Experience with computer programming languages to include Java, C++, C#, .net, VB.net, in MS Windows and Linux OS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; use phone and headset; use hands, arms, fingers to type; answer phones; write; use calculator; demonstrate strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; demonstrate clear vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; the noise level in the lab is moderate to loud.
Must be able and willing to travel (up to 30%) for internal meetings, trade shows and customer support both domestically and internationally. Willing to travel by plane to locations in other states/countries.
What are the Benefits of a career at Fujitsu?
- Professional development
- Innovative environment
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Competitive Total Rewards Packages
- Generous Holiday and PTO schedules
- Generous 401K match
- Work/life balance
- Healthy Connections Program
- Educational reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Community service opportunities
- Employee discounts
What types of positions are offered?
- New Graduates
- Summer Internships
- Co-Ops (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Fujitsu is an Equal Opportunity employer.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at FFNA.email@example.com.