What makes Fujitsu unique? The answer is simple: our people. We owe our market and technology leadership to the employees who choose to work for us. Continually infusing our workforce with fresh new talent is a vital part of maintaining the top-caliber employee base that makes Fujitsu a great place to work. Our brand promise to our customers is “shaping tomorrow with you.” Every one of our employees shares in achieving that promise.
Take a few moments to review the information on this page about the types of employment opportunities we offer candidates at all stages of their careers. Whichever path you take, you will receive the tools, resources, and support you need to grow, thrive, and build a long-term career.
Electrical/Regulatory Engineer is responsible for the testing, qualification and certification of all new, modified or existing products to ensure they meet the latest Regulatory Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Functions of the position include, but are not limited to;
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside agencies for product safety, EMI/EMC, vendors and or suppliers.
- Participate in the product development team: review new designs up-front to ensure all requirements for the appropriate agency compliance and considerations are met
- Lead and direct all in-house or outside testing for agency compliance of the product(s) for EMI (Immunity), EMC (emissions) and other regulatory standards. Including requesting quotations, preparation of schedules, reports, test procedures & test plans; and perform troubleshooting in the case of issues reported by FCC laboratories
- Lead in the creation, development and maintenance of in-house test procedures, test plans and guidelines for product compliance in reference to the various and latest regulatory standards.
- Support latest changes in regards to RoHS and REACH and ensure products being released can meet those standards
- Support Weights and Measure (NTEP) certification of Self-Checkout Systems
- Initiate and or coordinate root cause analysis on non-compliance relating to regulatory issues.
- Validate third-party suppliers’ peripherals like thermal Printers, Scanner/Scales, LCD displays
- Validate Solid State drives, Memory Modules
- Some design and release of electrical interconnect cable assemblies
- Perform computer hardware design, testing, validation, and troubleshooting of Self-Checkout, Cash Handling devices and Self-Service Kiosk Terminals
- Travel to support sales/customers 15% of the time
- Customarily and regularly exercises independent discretion and judgment
- Regular work site attendance
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stay abreast of the latest standards and inform management regarding the impact and action needed for product compliance
- Adhere to company policies, ISO requirements, safety, and quality
- Write product specification documents
- Support continual improvement efforts
No Supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years progressive experience in the electronics manufacturing or design and development engineering in the areas of product design, testing, product safety and EMI/EMC testing and verification in an ISO
- Working knowledge of the agency standard requirements UL/CSA 62368-1, VCCI, FCC, TUV, En61000, EN55032, CE self-certification & CB certifications; and EMI/EMC
- Hands-on experience in using Spectrum analyzer, RF Signal Analyzer, AC source, power meters, Oscilloscope as well as understanding schematics and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of Laser safety
- Knowledge of RoHS and REACH
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated and work well within a small diverse group of individuals. Quickly become the technical expert within the group and be able to effectively communicate with account sales personnel and customers.
- Preferred experience and interest in currency handling equipment, mechatronics, systems engineering
- Excellent team player, problem solver with a high level of self-motivation and initiative
- Able to meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Ability to work independently (and with limited supervision) while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments at all levels within the organization
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze detail and perform structured decision-making on a daily basis
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to large scope and complexity using company or departmental policies as guidelines
- Must be capable of managing multiple priorities effectively and be able to identify and recommend best course of action from several alternatives
- Quality oriented
- High degree of initiative and ownership, attention to detail, and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong influencing, collaboration and relationship-building skills both internally and externally with suppliers
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years hands on Design and Validation experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certificates for professional training where applicable
Individual must be PC literate and have the aptitude to learn the operation of other computer systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and use of Engineering Database Systems (such as Agile, PDM, etc.) proficiency in OrCAD schematic capture program and PADS PCB layout tools.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet. The noise level in the lab is quiet to moderate.
Must be able and willing to travel (up to 15%) as required, domestically and internationally. Willing to travel by plane to locations in other states/countries.
What are the Benefits of a career at Fujitsu?
- Professional development
- Innovative environment
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Competitive Total Rewards Packages
- Generous Holiday and PTO schedules
- Generous 401K match
- Work/life balance
- Healthy Connections Program
- Educational reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Community service opportunities
- Employee discounts
What types of positions are offered?
- New Graduates
- Summer Internships
- Co-Ops (Full-Time or Part-Time)
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at FFNA.email@example.com.