What makes Fujitsu unique? The answer is simple: our people. We owe our market and technology leadership to the employees who choose to work for us. Continually infusing our workforce with fresh new talent is a vital part of maintaining the top-caliber employee base that makes Fujitsu a great place to work. Our brand promise to our customers is “shaping tomorrow with you.” Every one of our employees shares in achieving that promise.
Take a few moments to review the information on this page about the types of employment opportunities we offer candidates at all stages of their careers. Whichever path you take, you will receive the tools, resources, and support you need to grow, thrive, and build a long-term career.
Job Title: Sales Engineer – Identity Products
Department: Identity Products Solutions
Reports To (Position): Director – Digital Front Solutions
Provide technical support of products and component sales to our partners, resellers, solution providers and ‘end user’ customers in their efforts to successfully integrate Fujitsu’s Palm Vein solutions device into their products, applications and solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Functions of the position include, but are not limited to;
- Provide technical support via phone, email, & on-site to customers integrating Fujitsu device hardware components using the Fujitsu SDK. Support includes answering technical questions and issues on software interface and the customer’s implementation
- Provided technical support for customer product migration of Fujitsu Biometric Hardware components and Software Driver/API releases
- Troubleshoot and replicate problems reported on device hardware and or software platforms (including 3rd party software installations and network/server connect infrastructure)
- Open, track and close support cases in Salesforce.com (our CRM tool) to ensure complete resolution and customer satisfaction and communicate the status of support cases to both partners, sales managers and FFNA management
- Responsible for testing and evaluating hardware, software and applications during product release process
- Develop, and maintain technical training documents. Conduct technical training for customers and partners to include device theory of operations, software interface, troubleshooting, high level repair, preventative maintenance and general care of product
- Serve as the technical interface liaison to Fujitsu Frontech Japan for detailed description of technical issues to ensure proper understanding by the product owner/engineering design team in Japan
- Technical support of Fujitsu’s tradeshow events to include equipment setup and teardown, and presentation/discussion with prospective customers
- Technical support to Fujitsu’s sales team throughout North and Central America. Support major sales initiatives by attending Fujitsu/client meetings and monitor client project status
- Travel to support sales/customers 30% of the time
- Customarily and regularly exercises independent discretion and judgment
- Regular work site attendance
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Product Management and Solution teams in the life cycle management of our hardware, software and solutions
- Adhere to company policies, ISO requirements, safety, and quality
- Support continual improvement efforts of development staff
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with implementing and supporting hardware components in software applications.
- Operating system knowledge (i.e. Windows (i.e. Active Directory) and Linux
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and solve complex technical system issues related to device, peripherals, operating systems, and applications
- Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments at all levels within the organization
- Ability to pick up and learn new technology
- Ability to conduct user training on various IT topics
- Strong organizational with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze detail and perform structured decision-making daily
- High degree of initiative and ownership, attention to detail, and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to large scope and complexity using company or departmental policies as guidelines
- Must be capable of managing multiple priorities effectively and be able to identify and recommend best course of action from several alternatives
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science from a four-year college or university; or 5 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Demonstrate ability to effectively use computer and applicable computer software. Knowledge of MS Office. Experience with computer programming languages to include Java, C++, C#, .net, VB.net, in MS Windows and Linux OS.
Must be able and willing to travel (up to 30%) for internal meetings, trade shows and customer support both domestically and internationally. Willing to travel by plane to locations in other states/countries.
What are the Benefits of a career at Fujitsu?
- Professional development
- Innovative environment
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Competitive Total Rewards Packages
- Generous Holiday and PTO schedules
- Generous 401K match
- Work/life balance
- Healthy Connections Program
- Educational reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Community service opportunities
- Employee discounts
What types of positions are offered?
- New Graduates
- Summer Internships
- Co-Ops (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Fujitsu is an Equal Opportunity employer.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at FFNA.email@example.com.